Sketching Sectional Concepts

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Juan Gris, The book pt. 3

Yesterday we had a presentation in which we presented our thoughts, ideas, and conclusions on cubist paintings.  In particular it was mentioned that my models had a sense of movement (kinetic).  It was mentioned that the book becomes lost in the models.  However, my conclusion is that what ties my painting together is the book.  It is centrally located in the painting and how it is organized in the painting seems to unify the painting as one.  Another theme that I had present in my models was a bond between the book and table and how they related to each other.  After the presentation we were assigned to pick one of Le Corbusier's houses from a list and to start thinking about which relates best to our painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment