Sketching Sectional Concepts

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Juan Gris, The Book pt. 11

The first sketch on the left is a study on the longitudinal and lateral section of the site I picked.  To the right is a drawing that shows all the areas of harvard yard that are able to be spotted from the carpenter center. 

On the left is a diagram showing the symmetrical setup of the site that I chose and on the right is the pedestrian and vehicular circulation that are organized more organically and with no sense of symmetry to the buildings.

On the left is my idea of a photo collage and on the right is my idea of my drawdel.

1 comment:

  1. nick... let the photocollage make itself... (its good to have an idea of a direction)... but, they are usually most informative if we let them happen... (ie. make themselves based on the information that we have)... [so, more unconscious than conscious... this way, they show more of what we don't "see"]

    ReplyDelete