Sketching Sectional Concepts

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Juan Gris, The Book pt. 9

 On Friday we presented our projects.  To the left is my entire pin up.  The two pictures below that are exploded axonometric ink drawings.  For the presentation I explained the ideas that I carried from my precedents into my seeing devices.  These ideas were that the parallel vertical lines in the painting by Juan Gris and the parallel structural walls of the Sarabhai house were used to structure both works so that I wanted to highlight the structural walls I created in my landscape model by creating a seeing device that would just show the walls when looked through.  The second device was to create a screen of nothingness with no evidence of structure supporting it, the exact opposite of the first vision machine and principles of other the other works.

1 comment:

  1. you really need the view(s) from that machine...
    those were pretty impressive...

    ReplyDelete