Sketching Sectional Concepts

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Juan Gris, The Book pt. 13




 After discussing my thoughts on the site and the drawdel, I decided to add more to it to convey the idea stronger and first manipulated the study model, before moving up to the bigger scale 22" x 32" drawdel.  I decided to create channels which derived or are guided by extending the lines of the buildings bordering my site and then those of the carpenter center.  Doing this added a sectional quality to the drawdel and defined the site better. 













                                                      
                                                                                                                                                   

For  the final model I first plotted out the sheet of the map of the site 24 x 36 so that I could extend the path way lines off the drawdel showing that there is more to the map.  The excess border would be trimmed during the construction of the drawdel.  Here is a shot of me during the initial construction phase of the final drawdel.  Underneath this photo shows a completed drawdel.  For the final model I extended the lines of all the buildings on the site.




No comments:

Post a Comment